This craft project is so cute and quick! All you need is a crochet hook, some yarn, and some jewelry supplies. This Crochet Heart Keychain only costs around two dollars to make :). Supplies will be enough to make around 12 or more, with supplies costing under $15 total! Mix it up with different yarn sizes and colors to make smaller, multicolor, or different textured hearts. I found this soft and silky deep red yarn at Hobby Lobby, as well as all my other supplies (except my scissors, I got those at Walmart).
Happy Valentines Day! Lets get creative, shall we?
How to make this ADORABLE crochet heart keychain:
- Crochet a small heart: (Here is a basic step by step. Watch the linked video for an in-depth tutorial)
- I watched THIS video to learn how to make a small crochet heart.
- 1 – create an adjustable loop.
- 2 – chain 2
- 3 – treble 3
- 4 – double crochet 3
- 5 – chain 1
- 6 – treble 1
- 7 – chain 1
- 8 – double crochet 3
- 9 – treble 3
- 10 – chain 2
- 11 – slip stitch
- 12 – chain 1
- 13- tighten adjustable loop
- 14 – weave tails in
- Next, add one jump ring to the adjustable loop.
- Add three more jump rings to make a chain
- Add the lobster clasp to a fourth jump ring and attach this to the top jump ring on the keychain.
This cute little project is a great gift for kids, moms, and any loved ones in your life! When I made one for the first time, my neighbor’s daughter went crazy for it. She was like “OMG a heart!!!!” and came up and asked me for it! How freakin adorable is that. The yarn that I used was so soft and silky! It made for a really lovely little heart.
Happy Crafting & Happy Valentines Day to you!
Feel free to browse some of my other posts by clicking THIS link